Monday, May 27, 2019

Not all things that happen are ...

Sometimes you have to just hold yourself, you may wanna speak a 1000 words but you wanna hold yourself, for your own sanity and to maintain that standard and threshold.
This post may sound a little cryptic because I may not discuss the details behind what's happening.

Siblings always came first to me, no matter what..be it work, be it money, be it me letting go and patch up, most of the times I don't let my ego intervene and take actions, even if it does its only for sometime and I come back like a small pet waging it's tail and apologize, because it's not in my nature to hold grudges and not talk. Ok, I will try not to glorify myself and make this post all about myself. But there's been some lessons learnt and I just wanted to write them down, lest I forget I can always come back and read this.

Somethings going on in the family, my younger sister aka Potter sister is kind of fleeing from us. Because I write everything here and it's my own space, I will express what I feel. (To be honest, I typed some stuff and deleted it coz hello ? Who cares? And at the end of the day you have to go back to your family and siblings, so why whine here and spread negativity?).

So, not all people are similar and we as siblings don’t share the same interest either, I talk to everyone in the family and so does my younger brother, unless you are being a pain to him or make him realize his mistakes - he will talk to you everyday, almost bug  you everyday 😛. Me and husband are the same, maybe we talk to everyone and not hide out and something happened recently and we are accused of back biting. I hate to say 'we' because unfortunately I got husband involved in this mess. I respect his time and I only take him as a reference in a lot of things I do, but when he sees me struggle and unable to fight the odds, he will intervene and literally put day and night to keep my point or make the other person understand what they're doing wrong in the most decent and delicate way. 

Social media has completely changed the dimension of family feuds, the conversation and message that a person can say and hear isn't just over a phone via a transceiver but it's all over, the whole world has to see it..from whatsapp status, whatsapp display picture to instagram post and statuses. Sometimes I wonder how much can a person bend? 

Maybe I am responsible of using social media and bashing too? No, I am just expressing what I feel, infact venting. Honestly, it helps me let go of negative thoughts, if I can't share it completely with someone, I just pour it down here in a constrained manner, through a funnel, to try not to hurt anyone from my words. That's always been my goal - to try not to hurt anyone from what I speak or what I write. Sometimes this may play against you, because people may think 'ohh she's week,' 'oh she's wrong,' that's why she's silent, that's why she has no words. I don't think I can let go of this quality anyways and I think it's a good quality? 




1 comment:

Artistic Logic said...

Sometimes it helps to just put the words down or tell someone something. I hope you're feeling better!