Saturday, April 27, 2019

It's snowing again!!

A Bollywood song in the background plays 'Kahan hoon mai..' means where am I? I instantly related to it. Being stuck at home all day on a Saturday sucks, specially when you make plans and cancel it cos it's snowing, snowing when it's almost may. It's happening for the second time in the month, we got snow all day, like someone was angry and lowered the thermostat, someone indeed is angry at us -earth, hopefully we only live for so long and I won't be able to see other disasters our generation and the previous generations have done to the planet.

As the song kept going I kept thinking where am I? Away from a lot of people I have known for years and close to some who I have formed new relationships with and far from some very close blood relationships though being so near. I think priorities change..

After moving to Chicago a lot of days I just break down when I realize how many people I have around me, how many people I use to be sorrounded with when I was in Detroit. Sometimes I remember a friend and feel sad misunderstanding her, she was married to a guy friend of mine, she then moved to Detroit from New York and she use to complain to me all the time how she feels lonely and bored, coming from NY to Detroit, I now understand how difficult it must have been for her, now that I know how it feels, me just moving from Detroit. I feel guilty that I thought she was overreacting. 

Anyways, I am now headed to husband's friends house, though it's raining/snowing outside, I sometimes self invite myself to random places just because i want to get out and see people and want to have some people to talk. 

Days like this can literally take a toll on you and today was one such day, hoping tomorrow will be a nice bright day.

1 comment:

Artistic Logic said...

Moving is definitely tough...hopefully you adjust better and better.