Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Unwinding

Sometimes it feels awesome by just not sticking to the plan doing something just because you did it or you started doing it, something out of your regular routine. It unwinds you, gives you  a break, puts your mind to peace and let it put a period to other worldly things, which by not doing them nothing is going to  change , numbers in your bank account won't change, you won't become dumb, to come to reality veggies in your fridge won't stale, they will still be there tomorrow, the inches on your body won't increase in a day  if you skip the gym or eat whatever you want, you will still go to work tomorrow and complain about the job you do if you sleep a little late. Today was such day!

After struggling more than half an hour  to park my car at a local busy Indian Pakistani
neighborhood to pick a to go dinner (rarely happens in my case, very rare- say once or twice in a year)..I drove home thinking I will hog on the biryani I got and crash on my bed, after such a tiresome day, I can't put myself to go to Gym or cook. We limit ourselves so much on weekdays isn't it? In short bore ourselves to death and routine. 

Today I came back and did my prayers, waited for husband to come back from gym, so that we can eat dinner together. I put things in my plate and heated up my food. I can't eat my food a degree less hotter than I need. The next thing I usually do is put on office and watch it while I eat till husband is around and then switch to game of thrones or some Asian drama. Today, I didn't play office, I played a Bollywood movie 'highway,' i watched this one long back, few years ago at a friends place..in a bachelor pad watched it projecting on a wall from our dear enthusan Bollywood movie streaming website. I thought I will switch to GOT once husband leaves but I got so much into the movie that I kept watching it. It's about a   girl (Alia Bhatt) getting kidnapped and she finds more freedom with the when she's kidnapped than in her own house..sounds very dramatic but it was nice, the story took turns slowly, not like the girl falls in love with the kidnapper at first sight.

The movie takes you through different towns in India..and the girl in the movie see's the towns and alway wonders if places like that existed really. She travels through farms, forts, hills and mountains. It reminded me of my tiny wild adventures I had back home when I was in college, me and 3-4 friends of mine would just sit in the bus and travel till the last stop, which is outskirts of the city, just to see some farm land, some small roadside shops. The fun and experience is very different when you have a 20 rupees note in your pocket as Compared to the trips you make in an air conditioned car.

As the songs on the movie played, because the girl was kidnapped they just kept going on highway in a truck, as they passed each place I missed India every time a new scene came, I wondered why did I come from such a culturally rich country to something so plain and white. Ahem Ahem! Then I thought, maybe I wouldn't appreciate what I am seeing today so much if I was not where I am. It's all a mystery. But I kept telling myself throughout the movie that one day I will go back, I will go back to my land, I will go back to where I started off. 
I hope I will...one day...

1 comment:

Artistic Logic said...

I see you as such a part of life here that it's hard to imagine you didn't grow up here. But I also think sometimes how life is so different there and you're missing a really great time there - but I know what you have here is something you're building for yourself too. Anyways, I would be sad if you moved further away but...if it makes you happy then I would be happy. I think India inspires you more too - you blogged a lot while there - and I think there are so many things going on all the time - you can't get bored. But yes its true, you wouldn't know the comparison if you didn't move here first.
I do wonder what you would be doing there if you were there now...
I enjoyed this post - I do agree with you - weekdays are such a bore and we become slaves of stupid routine in them. I still haven't figured out the best way to be an adult by having early sleeping and rising times BECAUSE I just want to have fun all week not just on weekends lol.