Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Bad days don't need an invite

Bad days don't need an invite, they come without invitation.

Not every day, I think of making an effort to stop somewhere buy something for breakfast and go to the office, but today I did..because I was craving a croissant, craving a flaky brown croissant, though I knew I won’t get a best one near me, I went to a super market near me, they pride themselves for selling European stuff, when I went inside I saw only three croissants and they didn’t look fresh, so I asked the baker where are the croissants she told me, ‘Can you wait for 15 minutes?’

In my mind: No, I cannot wait for 15 minutes, I don’t have all the time in my life to wait for you to buy a tiny croissant which doesn’t even taste perfect. But I just showed her the clock and told her ‘its 9:38, what time do you think people eat breakfast? Why is it not ready?’ then she told me that they’re busy baking Paczki’s. I didn’t stop, because this was not happening for the first time, I went to meet the manager, manager was the old lady who told me - let me ask the baker. I just yelled few fiery lines as if I was buying dozens of croissants and walked out. My intention was not to be mad at them but to tell them that there’s a time to bake certain things and not be like ‘I am putting it in the oven now,’ where as right across the bakery section they had samples of sushi out, at 9:30 AM in the morning, believe it!


If the first thing in the morning goes wrong, I don’t get what I want, I get a hint that the day is not going to be very productive and there will be disappointments and things that I will not get. For example, I went to the restroom – the first stall read ‘out of service’ and when I went to the second one it didn’t have the safety guard seat covers. Sorry for the unnecessary details, but every tiny disappointment counts in making your day shitty. I went and sat at my desk, I received a ‘Meeting Cancelled’ notification. Usually, I am happy seeing such notifications, but not when I am expecting something from someone.

Being positive ^ 
It doesn’t end here, I wouldn’t be writing if it did..half way through the day I went to warm up my lunch and ten seconds later the microwave’s fuse tripped off, I can’t express how fucked up things around me felt. I just followed another person who was going to the nearest microwave, waited for her to finish heating her food and opened the microwave and there it was the most antique microwave I saw, which did not look like it’s been cleaned since the time I was BORN! I then went to a hidden microwave spot and warmed my lunch and by the time I came back to my desk it was cold like it never went in the microwave.

Sometimes I don’t know if I am too picky or if things are not just how they’re supposed to be.
It is a kind of a day when I can write pages of bad reviews and I did, a day when I won’t hesitate posting nasty sticky notes – I wanted to, but I stopped. On such days I have a straight face and you can see it on my face that something is wrong. I keep doubting if something wrong is going to happen next, maybe when I am driving or maybe I will get into a verbal argument with someone, so I just stay calm and not tend to talk much and vent it out on my blog here.

I hope nothing else happens till the day ends, I go to volunteer and teach sweet innocent refugee kids in few hours who can be bratty at times..so..you never know.

Now, I hear you saying be positive Nameera..


2 comments:

Artistic Logic said...

I read this last week and forgot to comment - I'm bored now and wishing I had new content to read from you haha. Anyways, yes it seems like some days everything just goes wrong. I'm glad that day is over for you. Hoping you got the croissant craving satisfied from somewhere else!

nameera said...

I did haha..dread such days when things don't work out :/