Monday, December 3, 2018

Post vacation blues

Alright! I can't start another blog saying a lot has changed, it has..but, I will take a turn to write about post vacation blues. 

Post vacation when you come back from India is worst, post vacation feelings when you travel locally are bad too. If you read my last post you know I was going to Seattle for Thanksgiving. I have been back for a week now and only now after a week I feel comfort in my mind about being myself allowing myself to digest the way I am. Is it just me or it happens to everyone, that it takes some time to be back to the routine.

Tomorrow when I will wake up and go to work and welcome a new employee, I will feel back on my feet. Yes, another reason it's been slow on my side past 2 weeks is because one of my colleagues I use to manage/mentor quit. Not because I was bad, because she wanted go back to her country. It felt sad, investing so much time and emotional support for her to adjust in the company and off work and then suddenly one day she sent a text that she resigned. It felt like the first student I had gave up in my class. Anyways, tomorrow will be a new beginning and new challenge with a new person..it will also help me get back to my routine, I hope..at least at work.

It's holiday season and winter isn't very encouraging me to be active, the kitchen in the house is slow, the refrigerator isn't very full. Most of our meals are bread something, egg something. I experience this every winter, I am lazy to cook, I lose my appetite, I am mostly in front of the TV or on phone. The screen time widget puts me to shame every time I see the time I spend on phone each day. Good tracking tool apple, it's eye opening how much we can be with a machine.

Me Currently ^

Coming back to recovering from vacation, I always feel I pick up few things from the people I meet on my vacation trips and try to be like them unconsciously. Pick up the same interests or act like them, you don't feel yourself when you are back from vacation, you want to be more than what you are..that's what it means when they say 'you look fresh after the break,' inside  you are fighting your thoughts if you really want to be where you are, geographically, professionally and in personal life, if you have what you need, if you meet your goals/dreams of what you had thought you will do or be, in short too many thoughts.

Right now, I am thinking where to go next, cant travel outside the country, I have so many interest to explore..but I am stuck in the US because of visa constraints. I wish boundaries did not exist, I wish we all were free to go wherever we want, without visa or a passport. Didn't I right on this topic before?

3 comments:

Artistic Logic said...

I know how you feel. It's a restless feeling. I felt I would know by now in life that I'm where I should be. But it feels like the idea of "when I grow up" never goes away...
Anyways, I'm excited to see you are mentoring people while being new at work your self.

Anish Patel said...

I feel... all of these thoughts are because of winter.... life takes 360 degree change i winter n summer here... every winter we think why we r here... n every summer is like heaven is here only.... hope u will be normal with work..

nameera said...

Rabs - I know I think that feeling of " When I grow up" is good because it means you are not settling down and eager to explore.

Anish - thanks for the comment. I agree with you completely!