Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Italiano


There has been some Italian touch in life past few weeks, because I am working in an Italian company now. You can hear Italian all the time in the company, I can now correlate to my friend who used to complain about hearing Japanese all the time at work. I used to just shut her up linking Japanese with their food - sushi, hot pot gnocchi icecream..all the cool stuff. But how can you assume everyone being cool /chill linking them with the kind of food you like? Talking about food, I now know carbonara, the kind of cheese Italians munch on and what is coffee to them. The coffee I drink and the other Americans drink is just water for italians also known as Americano. Being very observant which comes naturally to me... In the past few days I have noticed few things like... Italians can have a shot of espresso after finishing dinner with a dessert. I don't know how that is possible, I would be awake like an owl whole night if I do that.

I always wanted to go to Europe, but didn't know wear to go in particular, because people I know mentioned Paris is expensive and French are not very friendly. Now, Italy is on my radar.

I also wanted to learn the Italian, to know what the Italians talk in their own language, but it didn't happen because the classes that were offered at work were too late in the day, the passion and curiosity is not that high to learn the language yet. So, maybe next year- if I still stay in the company. sshhh!


I was writing  this blog and left it mid way..so i rather post it than letting it get lost in my Evernote.





2 comments:

Artistic Logic said...

I think you will have an opportunity to go to Italy with this company - I just have a gut feeling. And I think it would be really cool if you do go.
By the way I think you meant Mochi ice cream (Japanese) whereas Gnocchi is an Italian potato dumpling, it's really delicious actually.

nameera said...

Yes..I wish I can go.

Yes Mochi ice cream haha. I have seen Gnocchi in the market many times..but never got it..maybe I should try it..