Sunday, May 31, 2015

There's something about Rain.


There's something about rain that reminds me of Bangalore. In India I always loved rains when people would take a break from the day and enjoy a cup of tea and hot pakodas just because it is raining. Papa would walk in his white kurta in muddy water and mom would yell from upstairs -'it's all dirty water, come upstairs,' to which papa would respond like a weather reporter -'poora bhar gaya, tolichowki doob jata.' (it's all filled with water, the city will drown). 


It reminds me of my favorite city in India - Bangalore, where I discovered the love of my sisters life 'Jeeju' who took care of me when I was on a bed rest every Saturday's when sis was gone for work. We sat eating the whole box of rasgullas not leaving any for sis. 

I always had the door of the room open so that I could see what everyone's doing from the vents of the gate. The city is the most clean city in India in general, at least the part of area I lived - Koramangla, so you smell the wet earth every time it rained. 

It's been raining a lot here, President Obama declared 'disaster' as death toll went to 21 in texas because of floods, I was thinking Modi is yet to express his thoughts about the heat waves and death toll in India which is more than a 1000 in just a week. 

That's it for this morning.

No comments: