Monday, August 17, 2020

Why Smirk?

Aren’t we all going through some life changing shit? If we all are in the same boat then why show so much disagreement or superiority to someone as if you are suffering more than me. Unless you got Corona?

I have been using the community boardroom in my apartment to study, work sometimes, just to get some different scene as we all are working from home. Have to compensate for all the different things we use to have at work right? Meeting rooms, CafĂ©, hideouts. So, I use the boardroom for that change in air. 

Just beside the boardroom there’s a yoga room which is equipped with TV and yoga mats etc; so people come there to work out at times. Today evening, I went to the boardroom to read and someone had the TV on with loud music doing exercise. I waited for sometime to see if they will reduce the volume. I am not someone who likes things if they aren’t supposed to be the way they are supposed to be, I speak up. Not only the person was disturbing me in the boardroom but the residents in nearby apartment units. So, I went in knocked the door and then opened the door and asked her if she could reduce the volume, obviously she couldn’t hear my request, coz she had a video with a deafening sound On, then she lowered the volume and I requested her the same again, she lowered the volume with an annoyed face. I didn’t ask her to leave the room, my request was polite. So, why that face?

I just thought what happened to people? Am I from a different generation or are we loosing it how to behave? I see it everywhere, trolls in social media, people at grocery stores. Why can’t we be nice to each other anymore? Or is it just me who takes even the smallest thing and makes it a mountain? Because we have only so much exposure to people these days past six months.

Anyways, I just write and let it out, the girl reduced the volume and I got what I wanted, does it matter the kind of face she puts up when interacting with others? Hah!

No comments: