Thursday, June 14, 2018

Eid time!!

I think this is the first time I am posting from my cell phone, so please ignore spelling mistakes and font issues.

I am sitting in a greyhound, going to Chicago like every weekend past 2-3 months post wedding. The commute is getting too much now, every weekend up and down, Monday’s are tough, waking up to leave for work after reaching home at midnight and trying to fall sleep for an hour, the whole process takes me up to 2.00 AM almost to fall sleep. The best feeling is to be back and be able to sleep in your usual space. Haha.

Anyways, I shouldn’t be complaining about traveling this time because I am going to Chicago  to celebrate EID! Yayyyyy!! So excited, this is my first eid after marriage and it's going to be great to be around so many people- sisters so many friends, some of which are my friends too now and it's on a weekend..so gives us enough time to stay back and not leave without finishing the whole biryani. This time Eid is going to be at humaira's house, I wish husband had all the necessary equipments and masala's to be able to host dinner in his apartment..but... Anyways, it's good to not have all that responsibility haha. Specifically coz I am traveling. 

When I was packing for this trip, I made all my attempts to pack light but still I end up having 3 bags hanging on my shoulders. 😓 

I didnt bring my usual cabin bag, but ended up bringing  multiple carry bags. The white cloth shoulder bag, which mum gave was brought into use..haha. Jhola. ( The bags poets or artists carry with their stuff).

One unnecessary thing I had to carry and which adds more weight is my laptop, I thought I would put it in car but figured it was too hot to be left in car over the weekend. I sat in car for sometime to figure, how I can minimize my baggage - I removed the battery from the laptop and my brain worked like an engineer, let's carry the battery and leave the laptop in the car then I was too scared what if something else burst, then I switched to thinking as a normal human being and thought let's just take it in the backpack, it can be atleast used as a pillow. I left the charger in the car, I hope it does not harm..I looked at the label of the charger to see if there were any temperature specs, there weren't any..so..
This is what you do when you have too much time to kill and when you are too lazy. 

Coming back to Eid, this is going to be my first eid in Chicago with sibblings and future family members too..haha. Excited about stuffing food on Devon Street, this Chand Raat is going to be fun! 

That's all for now! Eid Mubarak! 🌙✨

2 comments:

Artistic Logic said...

you had a fun Eid - you should do a post about what actually ended up happening hehe

nameera said...

Haha. We ended up spending most of the time around the masjid, coz we went to pray in morning, then ate lunch near the mosque, by that time it was already time for Jummah..so we stayed back and by the time we were home it was like 3.